Friday, August 26, 2011

Reflection on month 1 in India

So yes, we have been in India for a month now and I've been in school for three weeks! The first month has been really interesting; I like Bangalore a lot more than I thought I would. School is also really good, but Indus lies and says that they only give two hours of homework a week, when they actually give like five or six hours of homework a week, if not more. But the campus is really nice and the teachers are too. I got my formal uniform on Thursday (which consists of a plain but see-through white collared t-shirt, a tan skirt with buttons DOWN THE FRONT [which I do not understand], and these super ugly brown shoes). Amara and I both have to wear the formal uniform on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and we get to wear our PE uniform on Tuesday and Thursday. A couple posts back, I said that Wednesdays were my favorite days because I had good classes, but now we have a new schedule and Wednesdays aren't my favorite any more.
We recently put an offer on an apartment though! The lease got signed by the landlord today and now it has to go to Google (where my mom works, for those of you who don't know) to get approved and get the rest of the signatures that it needs. Also, on a completely different note, I got a role (a very tiny one at that) in the school musical! I only have two lines (not that I really care all that much) but I get to sing kind of a lot, which is what I actually care about.
I got sick for two days last week and I have no clue why, but I felt really bad and missed two days of school, which kind of sucked. My mom is convinced that I am "becoming SO Indian already!" but I actually don't even know what she's talking about because I am so not. The weather here is AMAZING, it's warm-ish but it's breezy and I realllly like it. Don't get me wrong though, I definitely miss the rain every day back in Washington. I also miss my fat cat, who isn't fat at all but regardless of that I miss her. She's in good hands though!
OH MY GOODNESS yesterday on our way home from school we saw a protest for Anna Hazare! He has been fasting to end corruption, and has caused a movement that swept all over India. The protest (supporting him) was really interesting, they had candles and signs and a guy was yelling stuff and it was so cool! It's probably not that big of a deal to locals but for me it was so different and awesome! I have to get to bed...more later though, thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. cool stories...thanks for sharing!!! hope the next month is even more interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete