Sunday, August 14, 2011

Survived my First Week of School!

Yes, yes I did. The teachers were really easy on homework, but I'm guessing that was because it was the first week. My first week overall was pretty good, I made friends, I like my classes, and the campus is really nice. Unfortunately though, I've already caught a cold and don't feel very well. On Monday, me and Amara are performing in a small orchestra to celebrate Indian Independence Day. We do have a half day of school though, so we have to drive the hour and a half to Indus just to pretty much come right back. Then on Tuesday, there are auditions for the musical We Will Rock You, which our school is putting on. Of course the auditions have to be happening when I have a cold. But I'm still planning on trying out; I guess I just have to drink tons of tea, get lots of sleep and pray to God that this horrid sore throat goes away. I'm already homesick...which is a bad sign, considering that we haven't even been away from home for a month yet. I miss our cat, Nattie, a lot more than I thought I would. I hope she's being good for our house sitter and not doing anything stupid like she tends to do. And, of course, I miss all my friends a TON! I also miss our house, and my bed, and our kitchen, and our couch, and everything. To my friends and other people in Washington, I love you guys and miss you! Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment