Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yet Another Awesome Day!

Today, once I finally woke up, we scraped off my dry henna and saw that the design turned out really well. The colour darkens throughout the day as long as you don't get it wet, so that means my left hand stayed dry all day today.

We had Uncle Tony and Aunt Jasmine's driver take us down to the pau walla, which is the guy who sells bread. We bought some pau (bread) and then got a tour of the local Saturday market. It was really interesting to see all the shops and stands that sprouted up overnight, and aside from the meat stores it was pretty cool. The places that sell meat always freak me out, mainly because they're still in the shape of a recognizable animal and because they way they're displayed is so unsanitary. No refrigeration here, that's for sure! I guess it never killed anyone, (at least not directly) so who cares?

After that we went out to Bandra, which is the city that my dad grew up in. We visited some more family and then went out to see the apartment that he spent his childhood years in. The couple that's renting it seems really nice. They're a mixed couple just like my parents are, which was pretty cool. We then went back to the house to pick up Uncle Tony and Aunt Jasmine, and then we went to the set of a movie that is being filmed here. Since Uncle Tony is a movie director, he's very close friends with the famous Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar. Because of that, we got to meet him, take a picture with him, and watch him act in a scene of one of the movies he's currently working on. It was super cool to see how the acting industry works! They mainly shoot the same scene over and over and over again until it's perfect, but I guess that's the way to do it!

Yet another great day in Bombay, but we're going back tomorrow. I like it here but I miss Bangalore! It's way too hot here :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment