Monday, June 27, 2011

25 Days and Counting!

Once it got down to one month til we leave, my mom started a countdown to India. Now it's 25 days until we leave, and we haven't even started packing anything or preparing at all. Actually, scratch that, we have started preparing, we shopped for what felt like 32573896738497508327 hours but was actually 7 hours on Saturday just buying stuff to stock up on for India. But it is completely true that we haven't even started packing yet, which should concern me, but it doesn't for some reason. I think we're all really starting to get excited about this huge but temporary move, but there are definitely good things and bad things.
Good:
-FOOD!:) it' gonna be amazing there.
-cultural experiences
-new place, new people, new friends!
-traveling on that side of the world!
-tons of other things.

Now for the Bad:
-BUGS:( ahhh!
-ugly ugly ugly uniforms. there will be several snowballs flying through hell on the day I have to wear a skirt to school every day.
-diseases like malaria and other scary things...what if I die?!
-the heat! Washington has warped me into feeling like 70 degrees is hot, 90 degrees in the freaking winter is gonna kill me!
-getting skin cancer. Me being as white as I am, I get burned really easily, and I'm thinking I'll have to wear a full body suit to avoid that.
-again, tons of other things.

HOWEVER, pros and cons aside, I'm excited, and it's only a year, I can do anything for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment